This is a live stream of La Plata, Missouri, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: May 19, 2017
The 360º camera is sponsored by Duane & Curt Lundgren in memory of their hometown Great Northern Railroad
Want to take a trip to La Plata? Stay at the Depot Inn & Suites: https://www.depotinn.com/
Check out Bob & Amy Cox’s business, Train Party: http://www.trainparty.com/
Radio Feed: https://bit.ly/2NbpuII
Informational Map: http://www.curtlundgren.com/la_plata.jpg (Courtesy of Curt Lundgren, thanks Curt!)
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
La Plata East: https://youtu.be/g_4RT0We1F8
La Plata West: https://youtu.be/QIz-oTqOaH0
La Plata 360: https://youtu.be/gPd_qAf4hMA
Help us raise funds for the displays at the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation: https://tinyurl.com/y8xc6gve
APRHF homepage: http://www.aprhf.org/
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
La Plata, MO, in Northern Missouri, is located on BNSF Railway’s Marceline Subdivision at milepost 312.7, part of their Southern Transcon, the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF) mainline between Chicago and Los Angeles.
Amtrak’s “Southwest Chief” passenger train stops here twice a day; the eastbound train #4 in the morning and the westbound train #3 in the evening.
The typical BNSF freight train volume is between 50 and 70 trains per 24 hours. There are 2 cameras available.
There is an ATCS layout available, as well as a radio feed for the western part of the BNSF Marceline Sub, listening to AAR road channel 30, 160.560 (also includes Norfolk Southern’s Kansas City District, on road channel 22, 160.440): http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/282/325/
You will see lots of Amish and Mennonite folks at the station. Please be respectful of these communities in chat.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://www.amtrak.com/services/maps.trainlocation.html
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 77 cams at 47 locations in 22 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at [email protected] If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.
More info on La Plata, Missouri USA – Virtual Railfan LIVE
La Plata, Missouri USA - Virtual Railfan LIVE - BingNews Search results
Sporting KC advances to conference finals with 4-2 win over Real Salt Lake
Sebastian Saucedo scored RSL’s first goal at the 60-minute mark and Damir Kreilach added another 12 minutes later to pull to 3-2. Joao Plata assisted on both goals.
U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Rolling Stone hailed the band as "a live act simply without peer" and USA Today noted "Thirty ... at the city's Estadio El Campin. U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 is produced by Live Nation Global ...
Feilhaber’s goal helps Sporting KC to 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake
SANDY, Utah — Benny Feilhaber scored on a penalty kick to help Sporting Kansas City to a 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake on Saturday ... left sideline behind Joao Plata, who dropped it to Silva ...
U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017; Biggest Tour Of The Year Surpasses 2.4 Million Tickets Sold
Rolling Stone hailed the band as "a live act simply without peer," USA Today noted "Thirty years can't dull searing music, hopeful lyrics or the captivating Irish band behind them," while The New ...
U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017; Biggest Tour Of The Year Will Reach 2.4 Million Fans
Rolling Stone hailed the band as "a live act simply without peer," USA Today noted ... 12 Kansas City, MO Arrowhead Stadium Beck Sept. 14 New Orleans, LA Mercedes Benz Superdome Beck Sept.
Forster will be star attraction at Camp Nou as Celtic keeper bids to showcase his talent to Barcelona scouts
Young Argentine keepers Geronimo Rulli at Estudiantes de La Plata and Nahuel Guzman at Newell’s Old Boys have both been put forward by Barça coach Tata Martino and Reina and Stegen remain ...
Peru 0 Uruguay 2: Villa target Vargas sees red as Liverpool striker Suarez books final spot
Luis Suarez fired Uruguay into the Copa America final with a second-half double to secure a deserved victory over 10-man Peru in La Plata. Liverpool striker Suarez scored twice in five minutes ...
Ertel, Reed Earn Second Elite National Titles
HAGG LAKE, Ore. — Matt Reed and Julie Ertel each used a strong run leg to pull away from the competition and win USA Triathlon Elite National titles on Saturday. It was the second national title ...